TranscribeMe Minis: Meet Archimedes F.

 

It's time for another TM Mini! Today we'd like to celebrate another star TranscribeMe transcriber: Archimedes F.
Archimedes has been with TranscribeMe for about three years now. Before finding TM, he was in IT for many years, considering himself a "science and math and techie type of guy." When he left that job he wanted something different that allowed more free time. He told us, "After a lot of YouTube videos, reading stuff on a lot of subreddits, forums, and many other random stuff, well, I landed on transcribeme.com. And the rest is history!" And we're so glad he did!
He says he enjoys the flexibility of when and how he works, being able to work as long or as short as he wants. We asked what his favorite thing about working here was, and he said, "I like the fact that I get to choose the kind of work I do, whether RUSH files, special projects, or even creating audio files for machine learning. TM isn't just about transcribing, and that's part of the fun."
Life has changed for Archimedes since starting as a transcriber at TM. He has joined special teams and become a QA. This allows him to work from home with a steady stream of work. He now has more time for his wife, like watching movies together, and for himself to spend on things he enjoys, like tech toys, which he didn't have time for in his "past office life."
The advice he has for any new transcribers is to be patient because good things come to those who wait. "But," he says, "don’t literally just wait! Take the exams, do the files as they come, develop yourself and your skills, immerse yourself in the community, and you’ll see that TM will be as rewarding as the effort you put into it." That is so true.
The last thing he told us was this:
"My work now is a bit different from before, but some things never change: I still need to interact with people, though not in person. I still need to do research in order to figure things out. I still need to put in the work so I can do well. But one thing has certainly changed. Now, I get to enjoy life a lot more because I actually have time to spend on things I love the most! I am a happier person, less stressed out, and more appreciative of life. I am thankful for my previous work in IT that helped me build a financial foundation, and now I am very appreciative of TranscribeMe for giving me different opportunities to continue being financially productive but also allowing me to enjoy freedom and time!"
That is what it's all about! Thank you for sharing with us, Archimedes. We appreciate everything you do!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Word of the Week: impregnable

TM Minis: Leda C.