A Good Neighbor Christmas

A Good Neighbor Christmas

by Scott DeFusco

‘Twas the night before Christmas,
When all through the house
A clacking of keyboard,
A clicking of mouse.
I transcribe each word
In Good Neighbor style.
The stutters and stammers
Shall take a long while!
Three hours later
I see the big picture:
Submit this one file
And I’m fifty cents richer!
I switch over to Yammer
To rest my mind.
Where each TM admin’s
So patient and kind.
Ready for more.
Let’s get back to the queue!
All work is assigned.
Now what do I do?
Away to the window
I double dashed--
--a sleigh and some reindeer
By moonlight doth passed!
St. Nick is approaching!
I pour tea from the kettle.
Please, bring me a headset
And USB pedal!
I’ll QA a sesh
To calm all these nerves.
Are my timestamps too tight?
Am I cutting off words!?
Ah, it’s no use –
This suspense is outrageous!
Uh-huh, mm-hmm –
Filler words are contagious!
Off to bed I go;
At least look like I’m sleeping.
Still no work in my queue.
Why must I keep peeping?
I’d leave out some cookies,
But I already ate ‘em.
So hungry am I,
When I go Full Verbatim.
Now have a great Christmas, Good Neighbors! Good cheer!
May we transcribe in bliss
Throughout the new year.
-Shared with permission from Scott DeFusco-
Merry Christmas!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Word of the Week: impregnable

TM Minis: Leda C.